Evaluating the satisfaction level of citizens in municipality services by using picture fuzzy VIKOR method: 2014-2019 period analysis
İstanbul Üniversitesi Ulaştırma ve Lojistik Fakültesi Ulaştırma Anabilim Dalı
İstanbul Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi Sayısal Yöntemler Anabilim Dalı
In this study, it is aimed to rank the satisfaction levels of the municipality services. For this purpose, 20 municipal services included in the Life Satisfaction Survey (LSS) that the Turkish Statistical Institution regularly applies every year are considered as alternatives. In addition, the satisfaction of citizens was evaluated not only for the last year, but also for the period of 2014-2019, and these years were considered as a set of criteria. LSS statistics contains the citizens' responses which involve such opinion as abstain and refusal besides yes or no answers. For analyze the effect of all types of opinions on decision process, the participant responses constituting the dataset were converted into Picture Fuzzy Numbers (PFNs) consisting of 4 parameters (positive, neutral, negative, and refusal). Finally, we apply utilize VIKOR (VIseKriterijumska Optimizacija I Kompromisno Resenje) method by using PFNs arithmetic operators and evaluate the citizens’ satisfaction levels of the municipality services. As a result, it was determined that the municipal services with the highest satisfaction were graveyard (A18) and fire-fighting (A17) activities, while the services with the lowest satisfaction were zoning and city planning (A10) and control of food producing facilities (A20).
- Abdel-Basset, M., Zhou, Y., Mohamed, M., & Chang, V. (2018). A group decision making framework based on neutrosophic VIKOR approach for e-government website evaluation. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 34(6), 4213-4224.
- Akram, M., Al-Kenani, A. N., & Alcantud, J. C. R. (2019). Group decision-making based on the VIKOR method with trapezoidal bipolar fuzzy information. Symmetry, 11(10), 1313.
- Akyildiz, F. (2012). Belediye hizmetleri ve vatandaş memnuniyeti: Uşak Belediyesi örneği. Journal of Yaşar University, 7(26), 4415-4436.
- Ansari, M., Hosseini, R. S., & Sharifi, M. (2016). Evaluating and rating the performance of Qazvin municipalities, using the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) model, with Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision-Making (FMCDM) approach. International Journal of Humanities and Cultural Studies, 3(2), 185-197.
- Atanassov, K. T. (1986). Intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 20(1), 87–96.
- Awasthi, A., Chauhan, S. S., Omrani, H., & Panahi, A. (2011). A hybrid approach based on SERVQUAL and fuzzy TOPSIS for evaluating transportation service quality. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 61(3), 637-646.
- Bayram, M., & Polat, M. E. (2021). Belediyecilik Hizmetlerinin Fonksiyonel ve Teknik Kalitesinin Vatandaşlarının Genel Memnuniyet Algısı Üzerindeki Etkisi. International Journal of Management and Administration, 5(9), 83-102.
- Bilişik, Ö. N., Erdoğan, M., Kaya, İ., & Baraçlı, H. (2013). A hybrid fuzzy methodology to evaluate customer satisfaction in a public transportation system for Istanbul. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 24(9-10), 1141-1159.
- Bostancı, B., & Erdem, N. (2020). Investigating the satisfaction of citizens in municipality services using fuzzy modelling. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 69, 100754.
- Celik, E., Bilisik, O. N., Erdogan, M., Gumus, A. T., & Baracli, H. (2013). An integrated novel interval type-2 fuzzy MCDM method to improve customer satisfaction in public transportation for Istanbul. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 58, 28-51.
- Cuong, B. C., & Kreinovich, V. (2014). Picture fuzzy sets. Journal of Computer Science and Cybernetics, 30(4), 409-420.
- Dincer, H., & Hacioglu, U. (2013). Performance evaluation with fuzzy VIKOR and AHP method based on customer satisfaction in Turkish banking sector. Kybernetes.
- Dutta, P. (2018). Medical Diagnosis Based on Distance Measures Between Picture Fuzzy Sets. International Journal of Fuzzy System Applications, 7(4), 15–36. doi:10.4018/ijfsa.2018100102
- Folz, D. H. (2004). Service quality and benchmarking the performance of municipal services. Public Administration Review, 64(2), 209-220.
- Göküş, M., & Alptürker, H. (2011). Belediyelerin sunduğu hizmetlerde vatandaş memnuniyeti: Silifke Belediyesi örneği. Selçuk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, (25), 121-133.
- Gul, M., Ak, M. F., & Guneri, A. F. (2019). Pythagorean fuzzy VIKOR-based approach for safety risk assessment in mine industry. Journal of Safety Research, 69, 135-153.
- Gündoğdu, F. K., Kahraman, C., & Karaşan, A. (2019, July). Spherical fuzzy VIKOR method and its application to waste management. In International Conference on Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems (pp. 997-1005). Springer, Cham.
- İnce, M., & Şahin, K. (2011). Belediye hizmetlerinde vatandaş memnuniyeti ölçümü: Selçuklu Belediyesi örneği. Sosyal Ekonomik Araştırmalar Dergisi, 11(21), 1-22.
- Jovčić, S., Simić, V., Průša, P., & Dobrodolac, M. (2020). Picture Fuzzy ARAS Method for Freight Distribution Concept Selection. Symmetry, 12(7), 1062. doi:10.3390/sym12071062
- Kang, D., & Park, Y. (2014). based measurement of customer satisfaction in mobile service: Sentiment analysis and VIKOR approach. Expert Systems with Applications, 41(4), 1041-1050.
- Kelly, J. M., & Swindell, D. (2002). A multiple–indicator approach to municipal service evaluation: Correlating performance measurement and citizen satisfaction across jurisdictions. Public administration review, 62(5), 610-621.
- Krishankumar, R., Premaladha, J., Ravichandran, K. S., Sekar, K. R., Manikandan, R., & Gao, X. Z. (2020). A novel extension to VIKOR method under intuitionistic fuzzy context for solving personnel selection problem. Soft Computing, 24(2), 1063-1081.
- Kutlu Gündoğdu, F., & Kahraman, C. (2019). A novel VIKOR method using spherical fuzzy sets and its application to warehouse site selection. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 37(1), 1197-1211.
- Lin, M., Huang, C., & Xu, Z. (2020). MULTIMOORA based MCDM model for site selection of car sharing station under picture fuzzy environment. Sustainable cities and society, 53, 101873.
- Meksavang, P., Shi, H., Lin, S. M., & Liu, H. C. (2019). An extended picture fuzzy VIKOR approach for sustainable supplier management and its application in the beef industry. Symmetry, 11(4), 468.
- Nassereddine, M., & Eskandari, H. (2017). An integrated MCDM approach to evaluate public transportation systems in Tehran. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 106, 427-439.
- Ozdogan, S., Yildizbasi, A., & Rouyendegh, B. D. (2020). Performance evaluation of municipal services with fuzzy multi-criteria decision making approaches: a case study from Turkey. Applied Sciences, 2(6), 1-12.
- Parkouhi, S. V., & Ghadikolaei, A. S. (2017). A resilience approach for supplier selection: Using Fuzzy Analytic Network Process and grey VIKOR techniques. Journal of Cleaner Production, 161, 431-451.
- Pehlivan, N. Y., & Gürsoy, Z. (2019). Determination of individuals’ life satisfaction levels living in Turkey by FMCDM methods. Kybernetes. 48(8), 1871-1893.
- Qin, J., Liu, X., & Pedrycz, W. (2015). An extended VIKOR method based on prospect theory for multiple attribute decision making under interval type-2 fuzzy environment. Knowledge-Based Systems, 86, 116-130.
- Rahimi, M., & Najafi, A. (2016). Analysis of Customer's Expectations and Satisfaction in the Zanjan Municipality Using Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making (FMCDM) Approach. Journal of Optimization in Industrial Engineering, 10(21), 47-57.
- Sabuncu, İ. (2016). Belediye Hizmetlerinde Vatandaş Memnuniyet Araştırması: Yalova Örneği. Turkish Journal of Marketing, 1(3), 164-177.
- Si, A., Das, S., & Kar, S. (2019). An approach to rank picture fuzzy numbers for decision making problems. Decision Making: Applications in Management and Engineering, 2(2), 54-64. doi:10.31181/dmame1902049s
- Tiwari, V., Jain, P. K., & Tandon, P. (2016). Product design concept evaluation using rough sets and VIKOR method. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 30(1), 16-25.
- Wang, C., Zhou, X., Tu, H., & Tao, S. (2017). Some geometric aggregation operators based on picture fuzzy sets and their application in multiple attribute decision making. Ital. J. Pure Appl. Math, 37, 477-492.
- Wang, H., Pan, X., & He, S. (2019). A new interval type-2 fuzzy VIKOR method for multi-attribute decision making. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 21(1), 145-156.
- Wei, G. (2017). Picture fuzzy aggregation operators and their application to multiple attribute decision making. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 33(2), 713–724. doi:10.3233/jifs-161798
- Wei, G. (2018). Picture Fuzzy Hamacher Aggregation Operators and their Application to Multiple Attribute Decision Making. Fundamenta Informaticae, 157(3), 271–320. doi:10.3233/fi-2018-1628
- Yıldırım, U. (2004). Yeni belediye yasaları çerçevesinde alternatif hizmet sunma yöntemleri. Çağdaş Yerel Yönetimler, 13(4), 19-37.
- Yücel, N., Yücel, A., & Atlı, Y. (2012). Belediyelerin sunduğu hizmetlerde vatandaş memnuniyeti: Elazığ Belediyesi örneği. Electronic Journal of Vocational Colleges, 2(2), 31-41.
- Zhang, F., Luo, L., Liao, H., Zhu, T., Shi, Y., & Shen, W. (2016). Inpatient admission assessment in West China Hospital based on hesitant fuzzy linguistic VIKOR method. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 30(6), 3143-3154.
MakaleVojinović, N., Stević, Željko, & Tanackov, I. (2022). A Novel IMF SWARA-FDWGA-PESTEL Analysis For Assessment Of Healthcare System. Operational Research in Engineering Sciences: Theory and Applications. doi. 10.31181/oresta070422211v